Monday, May 01, 2006
Goals for the Month
- Graduate and then make it to the ceremony (best friend's bachelor party the night before, 2 states away)
- Finish class project so I CAN graduate
- Find another job to support myself (poker doesn't count) which will probably be another bartending job
- Begin work on my portfolio
- Play more poker and more importantly BETTER poker to make some moolah
- Go the gym to get a summer body, not winter luggage
- Watch more Cubs' games
I'll let you know how each of these went or are going. Shit, just got knocked out of tourney with Aces. I raised the hand before UTG with A-Qos and stole the blinds uncontested. Next hand UTG raises to $180 (blinds 30/60) and I re-raise to $385. I have about 1K left and he moves all-in quickly with 9s, I call fast. The fucker flops a set.
Just a $1 two-table sit 'n go, but I'm still pissed after I played so well, laying down a shit ton of hands when I knew I was beat and getting short-stacked. Then getting some back and this jagweed decides his 9s are good. Added to the list, take the few dollars I have in my sites and turn them into $100 at each site. I got $10 free from Absolute. I got $50 free from Pokershare. $10 free from Royal Vegas Poker. Lastly, I still have a few bucks in Full Contact Poker and Poker Champs.
I guess I'll be playing an enormous amount of low buy in tourneys and ring games. We'll see how that turns out.
Good Luck at the tables,