100% Signup Bonus up to $750



100% up to $750

Thursday, August 17, 2006

 

Gift in the Mail

I had some poker points at one website who finally opened their store. I'm not naming them, because I'm not a huge fan of them. I did get Harrington on Hold 'Em: Volume 2 on Tuesday. I'm already on page 120. It's the easiest reading on earth.

I've got a few questions already, which I'll ask at the forums I belong to. http://www.sharkpokertour.com/phpbb2/ . And I'll probably ask here too www.internettexasholdem.com . I'm a big fan of both. Posting as GUMBY on both sites.

Badger Poker Freeroll

For those of you who are regular readers, you know that I play freeroll tournaments in Milwaukee. www.badgerpoker.net . They are live tournaments at local bars. They have seasons where the finals winner gets a trip to Vegas and other final table prizes are chip sets, tables, and such. There are bar tabs, t-shirts, hats, hooded sweatshirts, keychains, and other prizes for the tourneys leading up to the finals. You need so many points to make it in. I don't play that often, so I usually need a good couple finishes.

I played on Tuesday night and ended up finishing 15th after a tight night of cards. It's almost like any other freeroll, but people can't find another game right after, so it's a little better competition. I sat at a table with a friend I haven't seen since we played the $50 buy-in tourneys at another friend's place.

We are all seated, and the tourney started at 7:30 instead of the normal 7 because of another party in the room before hand. Well, one of the players was yelling to Jason, the director, to get it started. I said that it started at 7:30 and I saw that on the website when I registered. Then I made a smart ass comment that ended up going a little far. I said you can keep yelling if you want to, but I don't know if it'd help. He didn't appreciate that and didn't realize that I am a smart ass at times. I meant nothing by it.

This turned into a 5 minute bantering match between him and me that led to a lot of laughs at the table. He was a loud guy throughout the rest of the tournament, and ended up playing a solid game. His "Rules" for the first hour, is that he goes all in first hand AND don't raise his big blind. He was serious too. He went all in when anyone raised his big blind.

This little rule helped me at the end of the first hour. I hadn't played a single hand for a raise and raised utg with A-4 clubs. I got 2 callers. I went into the flop with the best hand and flopped the nut flush. Sweet! Now I have chips.

The only other meaningful hand I had was pushing all in after one player went all in. He had 3s, I had 7s. He turned his set and then our table broke. Down to 2 tables and nothing interesting. Folded my blinds to 2 big bets and went all in for $25K with 10-2 hearts with blinds at 5k-10k. I'm out and I go home. That's it.

GUMBY

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?