100% Signup Bonus up to $750



100% up to $750

Thursday, October 26, 2006

 

Close to the Big Time!

I played in 2 Full Tilt tournaments last night. I played in a $5 HORSE event with about 140 players and ended up playing great to take down 5th place. I got unlucky at the final table playing 7 Card Stud and catching aces up to another guys made full house! Crippled me and I was pretty much out from there.

While playing in that, I started to play in the Midnight Madness tournament. It's a great tourney with usually around 800-900 players and a first prize near $2K. I was able to make it down quite far again, and ended up getting unlucky in more way than one.

I was 2nd in chips when this hand came up. I raise 3x BB in early position with A-J diamonds. 1 caller. Flop A-x-x. I move all in and the other guy calls with A-10 os. Turn Q, river 10! NOOOOOOOOO! Instead of having the dominating 170K chip stack, I have about 65K. This took the wind out of my sails and I didn't regroup. I got disconnected a few times and couldn't log back in for about 10 minutes. I get back to see pocket 7s in the sb only to have a raise and re-raise. I fold and would've been out. Guy flopped top set Jacks.

I go another 10 minutes without seeing anything and got down to around 45K. Short stack to my right in the sb has K-7 to my J-7 on a 10-10-7 flop. I lose and have not even a blind left. I'm out in 15th place. Sonuvabitch!

It's not that I need to get lucky. It's that I need to not get unlucky and have others catch on me. Or play A-10 os on a tight players early position raise.

Don't get me wrong here, I love playing against these donkey players, but I just need to vent. I'm soooooo close to cashing huge a few times and just can't get there. Tourney poker is so draining. I need some time off. We'll see if it actually happens.

Take Care,

Keith

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?