100% Signup Bonus up to $750



100% up to $750

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

 

Switch!

I have been predominantly a limit ring game and MTT player. As of late, I have moved over to the NL ring game side. I still like limit, but playing NL can be extremely profitable.

Patience is one of my strong points and in MTTs, this can hurt you if you don't catch a hand or two early. I have found that you can stack someone about once every hour, unless you take a bad beat. It happens. Granted, I have only played around 500 hands NL, but am comfortable because I am not getting my money in there with a bad hand. You don't need to blind steal or call raises out of position because this isn't life or death. You can rebuy and blinds don't increase every 10-20 minutes.

I wish I had more time to play, because I would. With my new serving job, I have way less time than I used to. I work 5 nights a week along with about 2-3 days a week. That leaves little time for poker, but will get to it when I can. Usually nights after work and Sundays.

Does anybody have any NL ring game suggestions. I hear the Sklansky book, No Limit for Advanced Players is a must read for NL players. I'll have to pick that up. I'm already backed up with 5 books at home. Taking them one by one so I absorb all the information I can.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Keith

GUMBY

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?