100% Signup Bonus up to $750



100% up to $750

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

 

Tourney Results

I played in the church game a couple weeks ago and I'd have to say, I played very well. The result didn't show, but I was happy with my game. $50 buy-in and you got $10 for knockin' someone out. There was a certain amount of bounties and then the top 10 paid. Only a few notable hands.

Played very tight throughout. Didn't raise a hand until this point. On the button with 6-4 os. 3 limpers (this is how it pretty much how many limpers played every pot) and I raise 5x bb. 1 caller. Flop 6-3-3. Limp caller checks, I bet, I win.

Get A-Q and raise to 4x bb preflop. 1 caller and I'm out of position. Ace high flop, I bet, he folds. Starting to see a pattern of weak play here.

Sitting with 2.5K in chips, started with 1500.

Guy on big blind is a real calling station. Sees almost every flop. Guy on small blind is all in. I want to go heads up with my 5-8 os and try to take the chips and the $10 bounty so I raise. Of course the big blind calls. I hit top pair 8s and win side pot AND knock out the other player. Nice.

Have about 3K after some blinds go missing and I get A-8 os on the cutoff. CS preflop guy is in the BB. All fold to me and I raise to 4x bb (800) and he calls with only 400 behind. I'm putting in the rest no matter what so I get the money ready. Q high flop and he has K-Q. Lose 1200 on that hand.

Small stack on the button and I look at A-5 diamonds in the bb. Big stack sb calls. I raise to 5x bb and the small stack calls his all in and the big stack folds. SS has 33 and it holds up. Down another chunk of my stack.

Pretty much shove or fold now. I go all in once and win blinds. Next time I push is in bb vs. sb large stack. I have King high, he has 9 high and takes me out. All in all I think I played solid poker and am happy with how I played. Made it about 2 hours into it in about 30 something place out of around 90. Lots of horrible loose play and definitely something I'll do again.

As for my online play, haven't really done much because of my move. I recently moved into another apartment to save some money on rent. Finally have internet back so I'll be playing a little more now.

Hope everybody had a great Christmas. I ate a ton of food and have some leftovers which is nice.

Take care and good luck at the tables,

GUMBY

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?